Last night in Sydney at the NSW Tourism Awards Margan celebrated with two prestigious wins. Margan was awarded Gold for Best Tourism Winery and now enters the NSW Tourism Hall of Fame in recognition of three consecutive wins.
Margan was also awarded Gold for Excellence in Food Tourism in recognition of its commitment to giving guests a unique food experience via it’s restaurant, range of estate grown produce, vineyard and wine tasting operations and food experiences such as cooking schools and garden tours.
The Awards Ceremony and Gala Dinner applauded the industry’s leading contributors and recognised the diversity, professionalism and world-class nature of the businesses and products within the NSW tourism industry.
These new awards add to the growing list of recent accolades.
- 5 Star Winery James Halliday Wine Companion 2009 – 2016
- Top Ten Regional NSW Restaurants- Gourmet Traveller Restaurant Guide 2012, 2014
- Andrew Margan- Viticulturist of the Year 2015
- Winner – Excellence in Food Tourism, Australian, NSW & Hunter Tourism Awards 2014
- Winner – Best Winery, NSW & Hunter Tourism Awards 2013, 2014
- Winner – Excellence in Sustainable Tourism, Hunter Tourism Awards 2013, 2014
- Winner – Sustainable Restaurant of the Year SMH Good Food Guide 2014
- Winner – Hunter Valley Cellar Door of the Year 2013
- Winner – Best Restaurant, Australian Tourism Awards 2012
- Winner – Best Restaurant, NSW & Hunter Tourism Awards 2010, 2011, 2012 – Hall of Fame
- Winner – Sustainable Restaurant of the Year & Regional Wine List of the Year SMH Good Food Guide 2011
“It is a huge honour to be awarded Gold at the NSW Tourism Awards again as it reaffirms our commitment to quality and passion for wine and food and for providing a unique experience for our guests. We have an amazing team at Margan who strive for excellence and share our vision.” Lisa and Andrew Margan.
The winners now go on to become finalists in the National Tourism Awards to be held in Melbourne on Friday 5th February 2016.