Hunter Valley Activities
The village of Broke is a small, slow paced, relaxed rural community
- pop into the local store and stock up on needs for your self-contained Hunter Valley accommodation, you’ll find they have a great range of local wines;
- book the local tennis courts or take the kids to the playground;
- visit Pickled & Pitted for local produce from Riverflats Estate and hand-made olive soaps from Bare NatureSkin;
- pat an alpaca and add a wooly alpaca scarf to your wardrobe.
It’s a great base for exploring
- take the Tourist Drive 33 and explore the Great North Road or Convict Trail;
- explore the National Parks;
- let our local tour company introduce you to the locals on a wine tour;
- ride into the mountains and bushlands with Chapman Valley Horse Riding.
Driving, walking, riding or relaxing on the verandah keep your eyes open for the amazing array of wildlife. You’ll find kangaroos, wombats and a wonderful range of birds during your visit.
It’s located only 20 minutes from the central Pokolbin in the Hunter Valley vineyard area with access to international standard golf courses, award winning Hunter Valley Gardens, concert venues, chocolate, cheese and beer tastings, and day spas.